Sunday 23 October 2011

Let's get started

I have been a thrifty person my entire life. My father's not so joking nickname was Scrooge. It is a way of living that has never left me, though at times I have found myself slipping into the immediate gratification lifestyle. My current interest in thrift is not new, but it is going to be more focused.

My youngest child started all day kindergarten last year and I found myself at a crossroads. I have always wanted to be able to be a stay-at-home mom and we have been able to make it work up until now. Now, though, with the girls' extra curricular activities and the increased cost of living, we are finding things a little tight. I considered working outside the home full time, but have decided that I am going to try things that are a bit more flexible so that I can continue being around for the girls.

What I'd like to get out of this blog is someplace for me to post my ideas & my questions. I'm hoping for some feedback, support and new ideas. Let's see where this leads us.

No comments:

Post a Comment